What is the serial number for my product?
Did you purchase directly from Sage?
- Go to Sage Customer Portal.
- Click Log on from the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your Customer Portal Username and Password and click Log on. The Username will be the email address used when creating your Sage Customer Portal account. If you have not signed up for a Sage Customer Portal account, refer to Article ID 36497: How to sign up to access the Sage Customer Portal.
- From the top menu select Activation codes.
- From Select product click the down arrow to select your Product.
- From Product details refer to the Status column for the appropriate Active Application, your serial number will be under the column labeled Serial.
Did you purchase from a retail location (e.g., Amazon, Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot)?
- If you purchased a digital download from a retailer, your serial number will be provided to you by the retailer via an email or a digital locker.
- If you purchased a box product from a retailer, your serial number can be found in the case under the disc. This will be visible once you remove the disc.
How to change the installed version of the program (update serial number)
Section I: Updating Serial Number
Note: If using Sage on a network, perform these steps at the server first.
- Verify that Sage 50 is closed on all workstations.
- On the Server, right-click Sage icon that is on the desktop, and then select Run as administrator
- Click Help, Sage 50 Activation, Licensing, and Subscription Options
- Select Change your current version
- Click OK
- Enter the new version’s Serial Number
- Click OK
- Click Help, About Sage 50 Accounting – Verify that you see your new serial number noted
- If the new serial number is noted, go to step 8.
- If it says “<not registered>“ for the Serial Number, then follow Step 2 above then select “Activate Online (recommended)”
- Close Sage on server, and then follow above steps on each workstation one at a time
- Note: check Help, About Sage 50 Accounting on the workstation first, the serial number may have updated automatically to match the server.
Note: Once you have successfully changed versions, immediately activate the new version on the server. Also changing versions may require your data to be converted. The conversion wizard will appear when the company is selected to be opened.
Section II: Change did not happen automatically at the workstations
- Close Sage
- Open Computer
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Peach (32-bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Peach (64-bit)
- Open the pchans file for that version(for example, Version 2021 is “pchans280.ini”)
- Change the line beginning Version= to the correct version abbreviation:
- Pro Accounting = PRO
- Premium = PPA
- Quantum Accounting = PTX
- Quantum – Accountants Edition = PTXA
- Change the line beginning with SERIALNO= so the new serial number is listed. (all letters should be capitalized and all dashes included).
- Select File, and then click Save
- Close Notepad
- Browse to C:\ProgramData\Sage\Peachtree
- Open Peachtree [Version].ini (for example, version 2021 is “Peachtree280.ini”)
- Change the lines beginning SERIAL= to the new serial number
Note: There will be two instances of this line in the file, Be sure to change both.
- Select File and then click Save
- Open Sage 50
- Verify the changes by selecting Help, About Sage 50 Accounting