Sage 50 2019 and older installation and activation errors.
At the beginning of 2022, Sage Software communicated the following message regarding their Sage 50 product:
“Due to a third-party database component that is no longer supported, Sage 50 US users will be unable to install and activate Sage 50 US versions 2013 through 2019. For example, if you have been using one of these older versions and upgrade your hardware, attempt to reinstall or reactive Sage 50 US versions 2013 through 2019 will be unsuccessful.”
Sage 50 versions 2019 and older have not been able to reactive for a while now. With the release of version 2020, the engine that runs the database was upgraded to Action Zen, it’s no longer Pervasive. While it’s ok to continue to run your program; you need to be aware, if your computer fails and the program loses activation, you will NOT be able to reactivate it.
As a way to help software users plan and prepare ahead of time, Sage Software made the announcement at the beginning of 2022.
Sage 50 Activation Errors and Causes
If you are unable to install or activate Sage 50 version 2019 and older software, you may receive a few different errors such as those listed below.
Attempting to activate will result in the error: “There was a problem activating…”
Other errors that may occur include:
- “Your activation key for Sage 50 has expired”
- “Cannot view your company data”
- “Subscription has expired or could not be authenticated”
Some changes that will likely cause reinstallation or reactivation errors include:
- Purchasing a new laptop/computer
- Upgrading your Operating System (moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10)
- Updating hardware on a computer (upgrading memory, HD, network cards, BIOS, etc.)
I am Running an Older Version of Sage 50 – Now What?
To avoid disruption to your business, we strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest supported version of Sage 50.
To purchase the latest version of Sage 50, please contact us today at 866-686-1329 or by emailing email@example.com to review your options. QuantumBuyers is currently offering an extra discount for anyone upgrading from version 2013 – 2019. Contact us to obtain your discount coupon code.
If you know you are running an older version of Sage 50, but do not want to upgrade immediately, you need to ask yourself the following questions.
- Will I be purchasing a new laptop/computer soon?
- Will I be upgrading my Operating System in the near future?
- Am I planning to update the hardware on my computer?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you should begin planning the steps to upgrade your Sage 50 software. We’re happy to help you!
I’ve Received an Activation Error But Don’t Know What Version of Sage 50 I Own
If you receive an in-product error message regarding activation, check the version of software you are currently running. If you are on a supported Sage 50 US version such as 2022, 2021 and 2020 you may safely close and ignore the message as this issue only affects releases 2019 and earlier.
If you are running version 2019 or older you will need to look at purchasing a new program.
If you are unsure what version of Sage 50 you have, follow the steps below:
- Open Sage 50.
- Select Help, About Sage 50 Accounting.
- Release will show the version, such as Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2022. Build will show the specific numeric build number, including updates.
Note: If the program will not open, you can check the version displayed on the shortcut. If the shortcut is missing or does not display the version number follow these steps.
- Click the Start button and in the Search box type cpl and press Enter.
- In Programs and Features, look for your installed Sage 50 Accounting product.
I’ve Received an Activation Error but I’m Running a Supported Sage 50 Version.
If you have already purchased the latest version, but do not have your serial number, go to the Sage Customer Portal.
- Click Log on from the upper right corner of the page.
- Enter your Customer Portal Username and Password and click Log on.
- From the top menu select Activation codes.
- From select product click the down arrow to select your product
- From product details refer to the Status column for the appropriate Active Application, your serial number will be under the column labeled Serial.
If you purchased your Sage 50 software from a retail location or someone other than Sage Software you will need to request your serial number from that vendor.
If you’re interested in purchasing the latest version of Sage 50, please contact us today at 866-686-1329 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options. QuantumBuyers is currently offering an extra discount for anyone upgrading from version 2013 – 2019. Contact us to obtain your discount coupon code.